Magic Kingdom operates 2-3 ferry boats from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the front gates.
These ferry boats are the Richard F. Irvine, Admiral Joe Fowler and General Joe Potter. Each ferry holds 600 guests and will have all three running during opening and closing hours of the park.
The ferries operate 30 minutes prior to park opening until 1.5 hours after park closing.
The resort routes are identified by different color flags:
- Gold Flag – This service runs to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
- This trip takes 7-10 minutes to arrive at Grand Floridian and another 7-10 minutes to Polynesian Resort.
- This launch does not accommodate ECVs
- Red Flag – This service runs to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- This trip takes 8-10 minutes to arrive at the resort
- This route does provide a taxi than can accommodate ECVs
- Green Flag – This service runs to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- This trip takes 15 minutes
- Guests to get to Pioneer Hall for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue dinner show
- This route does accommodate ECVs
All resort launches begin 30 minutes prior to park opening until 1.5 hours after park closing. These times do adjust with Extra Magic Hours.
Bay Lake Resort Launches
There is also a launch that runs between Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary Resort marked by a Blue Flag.
Two taxis complete this route in opposite directions.
ECVs are not accommodated on this route.
Around the Epcot resort area a series of water taxis known as Friendship Boats that connect the following locations:
The Friendship Boats also operate within Epcot and can take you from the Future World side of World Showcase Lagoon to Morocco.
Disney Springs Transportation
These routes are marked with different color flags:
- Yellow Flag – This route is the Sassagoula River Cruise and services Port Orleans French Quarter, Riverside and Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas and arrives at the Marketplace Dock
- Green Flag – This route services Old Key West Resort and arrives at The Landing
- Blue Flag – This route services Saratoga Springs and arrives at The Landing
A water taxi is also offered within Disney Springs marked with a red flag and services West Side, Marketplace and The Landing. This service stops at 1:00AM.
- The Green Flag route from the Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness is used by a lot of guests heading to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue – try to avoid this route between 5:00PM and 8:00PM
- Although the Friendship Boats travel from Hollywood Studios to Epcot this trip could take nearly an hour due to making 3 resort stops. Consider taking the walking path and cut through Boardwalk Resort.
- Be mindful of the weather – the water taxis and boats do not run in inclement weather
- If staying at Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge and you miss the Magic Kingdom taxi jump on the one headed to Contemporary Resort. There is a pathway that leads right to Magic Kingdom with its own security entrance.