The Walt Disney World Monorail System is as rich in history as it is fun to ride.
With service around the Magic Kingdom resorts and to Epcot you can ride 14.7 miles through Walt Disney World property. Each year more than 50 million people utilize the Walt Disney World Monorail System.
The Resort Monorail
The Resort Monorail makes stops at the following stops:
- The Transportation and Ticket Center
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – This line passes right through the center of the resort!
This line is great because the security check-point for Magic Kingdom park is at each individual monorail resort above. When you make it to the park just head right to the tapstiles to begin your fun!
The Epcot Monorail
The Epcot Monorail runs from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Epcot theme park. This trip takes about 15 minutes and includes a tour of Future World at Epcot.
This line connects all of Magic Kingdom resorts and the theme park to Epcot. You will need to enter the security check-point at your resort or the TTC and then again at Epcot.
The Express Monorail
The Express Monorail runs back and forth from Magic Kingdom park to the Transportation and Ticket Center. This monorail also passes through Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
The Walt Disney World Monorail System runs from 30 minutes prior to the earliest park opening until 1 hours after latest park closing.
- If you are at the Transportation and Ticket Center and the line for the Ferry Boat or the Express Monorail is long try the Resort Line! Many people will avoid doing this but Magic Kingdom park is only 3 stops away.
- Remember if you’re at Epcot the Monorail may not be the fastest way back to Magic Kingdom. If you’re in the World Showcase consider going out through International Gateway and catching a bus at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
- As the Monorail pulls into the station try to peer into the cars towards the front of the train as it passes to try and pick out one of the emptier cars.
- If you’re boarding the Monorail at the Contemporary Resort and it seems rather full don’t worry as most people will be getting off at the next stop, The Transportation and Ticket Center.