In this edition of Navigating Walt Disney World Resort we’re going to take a look at one of the newer modes of transportation available to guests – the Minnie Van.
What Is A Minnie Van?
In 2017 Disney teamed up with the ride share service Lyft and started offering Minnie Vans – essentially Disney’s own ride share service.
Guests are able to arrange pick-up and drop-off anywhere within property.
We break out the best uses of Minnie Vans below.
How Does It Work?
To request a Minnie Van all you have to do is download and install the existing Lyft app. If you are on property a Minnie Van will show as a car option.
Your driver is a Walt Disney World Cast Member who will offer great conversation about the Walt Disney World Resort.
You will be provided charges for your mobile devices and the music selection will be themed to wherever you are headed on property. Pricing is based on a per mile rate with a minimum price of $20.
It is worth noting that any Lyft promo codes and discounts will work with a Minnie Van. It is a little costly but it is nice if you want to stay in the Disney bubble.
A Minnie Van can transport up to 6 guests and come with two car seats.
Minnie Vans are currently available between 6:30AM and 12:30AM.
Minnie Vans offer ADA vans to accommodate wheelchairs.
To and From Orlando International Airport
If traveling to or from Orlando International Airport and did not set up Disney’s Magical Express a Minnie Van is also a good option. Transportation can be accommodated for up to six guests and their luggage.
The service is available for flight arrivals between 7:00AM and 10:00pm and departures between 9:00AM and 12:00AM.
The cost for a one-way trip is $150. Book this service by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Up to three car seats can be provided.
This cost in my opinion is not worth it. If you are not using Magical Express then there are still other cheaper options, such as a regular Lyft.
But, again, if you want to get in that Disney bubble right away it is an option.
Travel To Port Canaveral
Minnie Vans can also be used for traveling to Port Canaveral if you are trying to catch your Disney Cruise.
This service can transport six guests as well as their luggage at a cost of $240. Return trips are currently not available.
Book this service by contacting Disney Cruise Line Embarkation Services at 1-800-395-9374.
- This service is great for early morning breakfast reservations or late nights at Disney Springs and The Boardwalk.
- At the Magic Kingdom a Minnie Van can drop you off right where the resort busses go! This lets you skip the Transportation and Ticket Center completely and can save you precious time, upwards of an hour.
- If you have reservations for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue dinner show at Fort Wilderness the Minnie Van service can drop you off right at Pioneer Hall!
- This will save a ton of time because you will not be dropped off at the front of the resort and then have to try to navigate the internal bus system.
- You can also avoid heading to Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge or Disney’s Contemporary Resort to catch a water taxi over.
- Although more expensive than a regular Lyft a Minnie Van is a good way to get some extra time in the parks if you do not want to use Disney’s Magic Express schedule. Just don’t push it too late!