This service allows you to enjoy your vacation up until the very last moment. It also helps reduce the stress of traveling.
What is Airline Check-In?
Guests staying at certain Disney resorts are able to check their luggage and receive the boarding passes right at their resort.
This is a huge time savings as once you get to Orlando International Airport (currently the only airport available) you can head right to security and skip the check-in process there.
Once you check your bags at your resort you can receive them off the carrousel at your final destination.
How It Works
Guests can bring their bags to the airline check-in kiosk at their resort to be dropped off. This kiosk is typically located outside the main lobby.
Remember, this is a regular check-in process, meaning anyone flying will need to be present with their ID to receive a boarding pass.
An airline employee will weigh and take your bags for you. If there are any fees associated with your luggage you will be able to make them at this counter.
After your bags are checked you will be checked in for your flight and given a boarding pass that you can use to access your terminal and board your flight.
The service is absolutely free to resort guests, although it is always nice to tip those assisting you with luggage.
The check-in desk is open from 5:00AM to 12:00PM and you must check in at least 3 hours prior to your flight. If you are utilizing Disney’s Magical Express then this should be no issue as your motor coach will leave 3 hours before your flight.
What If I Have A Later Flight?
If you have a later flight you must still check your bags by noon.
Since you must check out of your room by 11AM anyway resort bell services will be happy to hold any carry-on bags for you.
This will then allow you to go out and enjoy the theme parks. When it is time to head back to your resort you can collect your carry-ons from bell services.
What Airlines Participate?
The following airlines participate in resort airline check-in:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines (Domestic Flights Only)
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
What Resorts Participate?
The following resorts participate in resort airline check-in:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Villas
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Copper Creek Villas & Cabins
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
This is a service that I utilize every time I stay on property. Have you ever used this service? Are you eager to try it in the future?